Personal Injury Lawyer
Most of us at some point in our lives will need to consult with and hire an attorney. If you are a business owner seeking to limit your liability, you may need an advocate who predominantly practices business law and can assist and advise you in the best way to set up your commercial venture. If you and your spouse have committed to dissolving your marital relationship, you want an experienced family law attorney to equalize the distribution of assets and make the case for a fair and compassionate child custody agreement. But statistics show that a personal injury attorney is the most frequently sought-after legal advocate.
According to Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, the average person will file a claim for collision every 17.9 years. In other words, throughout the course of your lifetime you may hire a personal injury attorney 3-4 times. So, how do the majority of injured people go about finding an experienced personal injury attorney who can obtain the maximum compensation for their injury claim?
- It is estimated that 62% of people hire a personal injury attorney based on a referral from a family member, friend or another lawyer. Although I wouldn’t recommend hiring an attorney solely because your neighbor has one in the family, if you know someone who had a good result with a particular personal injury attorney, that would be an excellent reason for you to contact and discuss your case with the lawyer before you come to a decision. It is essential that you walk away from your initial meeting with a sense that you can comfortably and successfully work with the personal injury attorney you hire.
- The Internet has had a significant impact on the way we do business today. Approximately thirty-seven percent of the general population hires a personal injury attorney via online searches from their mobile devices. In a study of 400 people who had recently hired an attorney, the number of years of experience was the largest influencer. Past case results, client testimonials and contingency fee structure followed closely behind.
- Positive reviews are an important factor in an online search for a personal injury attorney. In the study referenced above, Google reviews factored substantially into the participants decision-making, followed by Facebook and Yelp commentaries.
- Despite the highly visible bus, television, billboard and online ads, few people hire a personal injury attorney based upon their ability to flood the marketplace with commercials. I personally do not feel that advertising necessarily equates to a good experience.
If you have been in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, I recommend you contact and hire an experienced personal injury lawyer Indianapolis, IN trusts as soon as possible. ‘Experienced’ implies a lawyer who limits his or her practice primarily to injury and wrongful death claims and has litigated and tried civil cases within your state long enough to gain experience with state legislation and legal opinions from higher courts.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at Ward & Ward Law Firm for their insight into personal injury claims and the benefits of an attorney.
Latest posts by MatadorAdmin (see all)
- Treating your Children Differently - February 21, 2019
- Things You Should Know About a First Time DUI Offense - February 19, 2019
- What tax obligations are associated with a living trust? - February 19, 2019